Sunday, September 14, 2008

Week 14



Bankroll is up to $9,675.

Monday I had a frozen raspberry, fresh strawberry, whole grain summer fruits, apple juice and honey smoothie. Session was going very well until I got nut flush draw + two overcards in vs. top set in a 3bet pot 200+BBs deep and didn't suck out. I was happy with how I played, felt pretty in control and was getting away with a lot of stuff.

Tuesday went o.k. again, felt like I was running well but seemed to be getting played back at a lot. Had a sweat session with SlowHabit in the evening, ran pretty well, had a lot of fun and learned a good bit too. One thing I realized is that I tend to just auto fire cbets when it's a good spot for it (good board texture or backdoor equity, etc.) and don't just give up a small pot or two every now and then. By doing that I would improve my image with the donks I'm pounding on and, because they're less frustrated, they'll play back at me a little less and let me pick up more pots in future. The other argument is that I should just pick up the EV now and worry about future implications later. It was nice having somebody sweat me, even though I timed out a good bit, verbalizing my thoughts before every action helped a lot.

I didn't get a chance to play on Wednesday as I had a meeting but I did watch a couple of videos. CR and DC seem to be releasing a load of good content the last couple of weeks, having a set schedule and using series seems to work really well. I still have a soft spot for Leggo though, I love that they answer my questions. Tri (SlowHabit) sent me an article called "Line Variations" for us to discuss in our next session. It talks about 4 different plays you can make and basically gets you to think about what you're doing instead of just being a robot.

I didn't play at all on Thursday either, I really need to put in two decent sessions tomorrow. I went back through some of the hands in the sweat session and sent them to Tri with a couple of questions and he emailed me back a few hours later. I watched a video in the evening. I'm being pretty lazy at the moment and I have a bit of stuff to do between getting UCCPokerSoc set up for next year, writing my 1000th boards post and searching my database for some hand histories for my next coaching session. But the games are usually very good on Fridays so I gotta get some hands in as well.

I couldn't get to sleep Thursday night. I watched a video, had a strawberry, banana, peach yogurt and tropical juice smoothie and went back to bed about noon on Friday, woke up a few hours later and played a long (for me) session. It started off pretty poorly, was getting sucked out on, value betting into better hands, etc. It turned around after a while, I coolered a nit with AA > KK 200+BBs deep which was very nice.

Saturday I watched the Liverpool vs. United match and managed to get in two sessions afterwords. I'm glad I got in a few more hands in the last two days. The sessions went well which is always nice.

Sunday I watched a couple videos and got in a decent session later on. I'm getting used to not knowing how I'm doing until the end of the week. I find that I'm quitting sessions because of how I'm feeling rather then how much I'm up or down which is a lot more profitable and a lot less stressful.

No comments: