Sunday, June 22, 2008

Week 4

6max:



HU:



Bankroll is down to $6,778

I spent most of Monday morning trying to get HoldemManager to import from GJP, turned out I just needed to update to the latest version. Ended up dropping a little over 3 buy-ins at HU which isn't a great start but not to worry.

Made a little over a quarter buy-in at 6max, I was down 2 buy-ins at one stage but then poker became easy again.

Another b - r - utal day of heads-up, down a little under 4 buy-ins. Looking at the graph it shows that I'm running almost $1K below expectation for the 2 days. I'm going to drop down to 100nl to rebuild. I'll stick to 200nl 6max though.

6max went a lot better and I won over 3 buy-ins. I'm going to move another grand over to GJP.

I finished fooled by randomness Wednesday morning and proceeded to lose another 3 and a half buy-ins at 100nl HU. I'm on a 10 buy-in downswing at HU which, while not unusual, suggests I need to do something differently. At the moment I've been opening 100% of buttons unless my opponent is a massive fish, I think I'm going to tighten up a little bit and see if that helps. Here's some interesting discussion about the pros and cons of opening 100% on the button. Lost a little under 2 buy-ins at 200nl 6max in the afternoon.

Thursday I took a day off, watched a couple of videos, read two more chapters of my book but mostly just relaxed.

Friday I decided to play 6max in the morning because I wasn't really in the mood for HU, I won a bit over 2 buy-ins. In the afternoon I won another 3 buy-ins, my first $1k day. Finally popped my cherry .

Didn't get a lot of hands in Saturday morning, broke even. Dropped a buy-in in the afternoon. I played a couple of tourneys on Stars later on but didn't cash.

I couldn't get any tables going on party Sunday morning so I went to play some HU instead, won 6 buy-ins at 100nl which was very nice. I brought my button VPIP down to 74%. I didn't get sucked out on at all and even managed to put a bad beat on a short stack, great success. I played a little 6max in the evening and broke even.

So a bad start to the week but made it back and pretty much broke even. I've also cleared $30 of my $500 deposit bonus on GJP. I can't remember any interesting hands that I played, hopefully there'll be 1 or 2 worth discussing next week.

No comments: