Sunday, August 10, 2008

Week 11



Bankroll is down to $9,110.

Monday morning I didn't get in a session, I was woken up pretty early to catch a spider so I felt too tired to play. I finally got around to watching Greg's "Wellness" video on LeggoPoker and he recommended going to this to test your reaction times and see how alert you are. I got "Bobbing bobcat" most of the time but managed to hit "Rocketing rabbit" once, that suggested I probably didn't get enough sleep last night. It was a very good video and hopefully I'll be able to improve at least 1 or 2 areas of my life.

I brought Lauren into town and when I got back lost 3 buy-ins at $600nl and half a buy-in at $400nl. I had a fish river my flopped sets twice in the space of about 10 hands which was very frustrating. I decided to quit after that, after seeing my reaction times I hadn't planned on playing at all, probably should have gone with my first instinct. Ah well, my first -2k day, woohoo. I cashed out $1100 as well which now means I'm just slightly underrolled for $600nl but I'm not down that much on my shot.

Tuesday morning went really badly, kept getting sucked out on, fish rivering flushs on me, etc., etc. Meh, I guess I was due a bad run , happy now cooker? Dropped 3 buy-ins at $600nl and 1 at $400nl. Not going to play anymore $600nl for a while at least. I managed to clear my $100 reload bonus as well.

Wednesday I decided to take the day off and have a break from poker. I also bought some whey protein which Greg recommended.

Thursday I dropped a little over half a buy-in at $400nl and broke even at $200nl. I had gotten a $200 reload bonus but I only have a week to clear it and I need twice as many points as I've gotten any other week so it's pretty unlikely that I'll get it cleared in time. Didn't get in a second session.

I didn't play at all on Friday, just laziness basically, or maybe I wasn't in the mood. I watched a couple of videos though.

Saturday it was my birthday so I took the day off. I did watch a couple of videos though.

Sunday morning I won a little under a buy-in at $200nl and broke even at $400nl. I felt I was playing well, making some well time bluffs, taking tonnes of notes on the fish which I used to exploit them later. In the evening I lost 2 and a half buy-ins at $400nl, I think I played too long, I got a bit tilty with one fish who disconnect protected on me and then ran like the sun. I obviously e-mailed Party about it and they didn't ban his disconnect protect which pissed me off even more. I 3bet shoved over his c/r in a 3bet pot and ran into his set, decided that was a good time to quit.

I also cashed out $4500, that should hopefully cover the rest of the holiday. Which means I'm underrolled for $400nl now, no harm in moving down for a while anyway.

3 comments:

Kannon said...

so even good players can lose lots. that's comforting :)
ul though.
that reactions thing is addictive. yet to get past the rocketing rabbit stage too...

Samuel said...

Whoops, sorry for the bad luck! Happy birthday!

RedJoker said...

Yeah you obviously jinxed me, completely your fault imo.

Thanks.